Friday, December 31, 2010

Sometimes Your Dreams Are Evil

You ever have those over-the-top-ridiculously-dramatic-emotional dreams?


 I seem to get 'em whenever it's time to make change in my life but I'm not really noticing it.


For example, when I was in my early 20's I worked a job that was really exploitative, but I never really understood how I felt about it till I started having a bunch of prostitution themed dreams.

For some reason they were really old timey like this. When I finally quit that job, the dreams stopped.

Well, right around 2005 I started having a series of dreams where I would some how fuck things up so badly that I'd be booted from the LA Derby Dolls. They were always super dramatic and gut wrenching.

Derby meant everything to me, and if I were to somehow lose it, I wouldn't have known what to do with myself!

I didn't understand why my subconscious was being so evil to me! It's like, I finally find what makes me happy in life, and now my dreams are evil? What the cock??


At the time I took these to mean that I needed to be more careful about my words. Which was true, I was quite the little spitfire back then. In one of them I ended up sobbing and crying to Demo,

OK, well I guess I'll just leave and start my own league in San Diego....

This is not quite the triumphant and inspiring story of the start of SDDD that were probably expecting, right?



Well, that's because that's not how it got started. I ignored these evil dreams for a good 6 months! And when I finally forgot about them... I had this stroke of genius!

I emailed Demolicious and Thora (LADD Co Founders) and said...  

Wouldn't it be awesome if we started a league in San Diego?? The there would be 2 Derby Dolls leagues!!





 I didn't make the connection that my evil dreams could have had something positive in them until years later.

Not to worry, San Diego Derby Dolls was started from a place of raw enthusiasm, excitement, and inspiration!

But that's another story...

For now I'll just say... what's up with the dramatic dreams? Seriously, why can't the subconscious be a little kinder?? Does that happen to everyone??


I guess that's just the way it goes. Sometimes you get good dreams. Sometimes your dreams are evil.


That said, I hope you have a totally rad day today!

And here's my parting gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment