Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Macro flowers: stock flowers





These stock flowers are not native to New Zealand but were brought in from England, They have different pale colours and I like this most.

Matthiola (pronounced /ˌmæθiˈoʊlə/,[1] syn. Mathiola R.Br.), or stocks, is a genus of flowering plants named after Pietro Andrea Mattioli.

A cool season annual or perennial. Flowers are singles or doubles in a wide array of colors, very sweet smelling, and often used in bouquets of cut flowers.

My daughter came home for dinner after finishing her thesis and I gave her these flowers. She asked about the vase. I told her it was given to me by my friend T. Her daughter who lives in New York sends her flowers via inter flora. (Hint hint hint)

Yesterday, I did an interview with a young girl. She touched my heart when she told me her mum is her best friend and she had such great attributes for her mum.



I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment