Sunday, January 30, 2011

WEEKEND

 Friday night we saw Grinderman ... so great, even better than I could have imagined, Nick Cave was just amazing, (I think he has gotten better with age) as was the rest of the band ....
I took my daughter (who happens to love Nick Cave as much as I do) .... the crowd was so mixed, I saw two old ladies (and I mean well into their 80's), beautiful young girls (and boys), an entire family, mum, dad and the kids .... older Nick Cave lovers who have been fans from day one (I suppose that would include me !!!), but my favorite was an older gentleman with a long white beard and a walking stick (he even bought a T shirt)  .... yep we were a mixed bunch !!!

My daughter wore this dress .....

.... and her $20.00 op shop heels, aren't they great !!!

As we live over an hour from the venue we stayed overnight in a great hotel above this pub  (I don't like sterile new hotel rooms so it's perfect) ... we have stayed there quite a bit, it's kind of our home away from home, it has such a great feel .....

.... beautiful old pressed metal ceilings (reminds me of a painted version of these)


 nice big windows ....

.... and old floral carpet.

There's also a great sitting room ....

and a room where they have live entertainment (I actually saw a cabaret there a while back), plus the main bar down stairs which also has live music, which was still going strong when we got back from our concert.

 The next morning we walked to Surry Hills ... had a nice breakfast, bought some flowers and bread ... 

.... then it was home for dinner on the deck with some beautiful friends (one of them being this happy man) so much fun, really lovely ....
followed by a very quite Sunday, which after a couple of late nights was just fine by me !!!

 Hope you had a nice weekend
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment