Sunday, October 10, 2010

WEEKEND

 A nice quite weekend was had here, Saturday morning was spent in Surry Hills, eating breakfast, stocking up on Bourke St bread and browsing ......

 I picked up a copy of this book (as mentioned here) .... such a great collection of recipes and photographs put together to raise funds for Crown St Public School .....



.... the recipes were donated by parents and grandparents of the children (a great diverse mix) and also chefs and cafe owners from around Surry Hills ..... I highly recommend it.

Loved these rusty old baskets in Ici et La .....

.... and I thought of this lady when I saw these.

The whole reason for the trip to Surry Hills was to pick up a piece of art I bought a while back but was unable to bring back home on the train (sooo heavy), but this time I bought my strong husband and the car, so now it is safely home, I will tell you more about it during the week,  I do love it !!!

Sunday morning was so lovely, got to read my book in the sun ...... so nice.
 This is how our kitchen has looked over the weekend, we had it painted the other day (very needed) so at the moment it is a blank canvas .... 

.... all my kitchen things are living in this room, I'm using the excuse that the shelves should be very dry before I start putting everything back .... but really I just couldn't be bothered, but I will get motivated tomorrow, plus a bit of upheaval never hurt anybody did it ???
 Hope you had a good weekend.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment