Friday, October 8, 2010

Macro flowers: Snapdragon

Antirrhinum is a genus of plants commonly known as snapdragons from the flowers' fancied resemblance to the face of a dragon that opens and closes its mouth when laterally squeezed (thus the 'snap').

I went to the Auckland Domain and "snapped" these flowers at the Winter Garden Green House.

As I saw the beautiful flowers, I remember my Grand Dad used to jokingly tell us about the elderly neighbour who was forever trimming his hedge and burning the cuttings, even in the hot tropical sun. Grand Dad said, when the old man dies, if you make a little fire, he will come back to life."

I think to myself, after I die, if you bring my body to this place. I will come back to life.

It really is one of the most beautiful and tranquil place on earth. I wish you can be there with me. I shall be posting more photos each week for you.








I have joined this meme for a while now, and I am loving it. First I love flowers. Second, the badge for this meme is the North Borneo Orchid.

Join Macro Flowers Saturday, a photo meme for macro photos and close-ups of flowers, garden flowers, wildflowers, blossoms, flowers with insects and butterflies (no insects without flowers), flowers with raindrops and whatever beautiful plants, plant seeds or berries you have, in close-up.

First time visitors, please read the rules. They are simple but I do ask that you, please, use a MFS badge or link back to MFS in some way. Thank you.

Macro Flower Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment