Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Be Natural Cereal









http://www.kiwimummyblogs.co.nz/

As part of the Kiwimummyblogs, I am invited to review products. I am given a sample to try out and I do not receive any financial returns. Here are some products that is part of a range which is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.

As a believer of being healthy, I think this is a wonderful concept. I dug into the first pack, and ate them. It was the Pink Lady Apple and Flame Raisin. I like the apple and the raisin. It wasn't too sweet and just to my liking. It also has pink apples which makes it a pretty appearance. I also ate a bar of Berry and Nut & Fruit Be Natural Trail Bar. It was good.

However, as I read the fine print, I read on each of the 3 packs of cereal, "May contend peanut." That put me off completely, when you manufacture a product, you either know or you don't know, not "May be" as is a phrase commonly used by teenagers. I work in a school, and am very aware of peanut allergies. Besides, I am allergic to peanuts myself. I do hope the manufacturer will heed this.

With my own peanut allergy issues, I gave the rest of the boxes, Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut & Coconut, and 5 Whole Grain Flakes and the Be Natural Trail Bars to 4 persons. They enjoyed eating it. One ate it dry because he likes his cereal crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment