Sunday, September 2, 2007

How would you like your eggs?



Adjusting to the East Coast, in general, has not been that difficult. Sure, crossing the street is dangerous and the tax sucks, but other than that I'm doing ok. Every once in a while you stumble upon a cultural difference between coast lines (East and West coast people tend to know different words). For instance, on the East Coast you say that you stand "On Line" at the bank instead of "In Line" as is popular on the West Coast. Most of these little syntax differences are kind of fun to discover, but today we hit a cultural divide of epic proportions.

We were just settling down for breakfast at Zeta Psi and I was asked what I wanted for breakfast. I responded that I wanted french toast, bacon, and over-hard eggs. I get this weird look, and the guy wanders away to tell the kitchen. After he's gone the people at the table look at me and tilt their heads a bit.

"Did you say 'Over-Hard'?"
"Um, yeah, why?"
"What's that?"
"Are you serious?"
[everybody else at the table] "What are you talking about Snively? There's no such thing!"

Alright, call me crazy, but I've been ordering Over-Hard eggs for my entire life and nobody has ever had trouble figuring out what I was talking about. Do you guys know what Over-Hard eggs are?! Let me know in the comments and then in the poll on the right side of the page, it's bugging me a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment