Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Love Song For Bhati







Bhati doesn’t know me.


Bhati wouldn’t care.


He looks in my direction


And all he sees is air.





His eyes are burning beacons


His eyes are so alone.


As cold as morgues at midnight


As motionless as stone.





Bhati doesn’t know that


A bird inside me tries


To home towards the beacon


Of his lonely, lonely eyes





He’s a quiet man, is Bhati.


But not one you can ignore.


In that solemn head of his,


Bhati keeps a silent score.





But I hear a thousand echoes


For the words he cannot utter


Like he’s at one end of a tunnel


And I’m standing at the other.





They branded him and caged him


They rubbed him raw and red


They roasted Bhati on a spit


Till his charred ol’ soul was dead.





But I would rain upon your wounds,


I would set you free,


If you’d only let me, Bhati,


If only you would see.


No comments:

Post a Comment